Guests can suffer serious harm when homeowners, store owners, and landowners fail to remove safety hazards from their buildings and outdoor properties. If you’ve sustained injuries caused by a negligent property owner, you may be eligible to hold them liable for damages, but you’ll need the assistance of a skilled personal injury lawyer from Connecticut.
At Connecticut Trial Firm, we understand how devastating slip and falls and other premises liability accidents can be to your health, finances, and emotional well-being. That’s why a Connecticut premises liability lawyer from our firm will fight for the compensation you need to cover your economic losses, treat your bodily injuries, and cope with emotional distress.
Premises Liability Accidents a Connecticut Lawyer Can File a Claim For
Our Connecticut lawyers have worked on a variety of different premises liability cases for years. During that time, we’ve secured case results that have changed the lives of countless individuals. We’re confident that we have the skills and resources required to take on any case, no matter how complicated.
You can count on us to thoroughly investigate and file a compelling claim for injuries and losses suffered in any of the following premises liability incidents:
- Slip and falls: Our team can help you seek damages if you’ve been injured in a slip and fall accident caused by a wet floor, slippery sidewalk, or another dangerous surface.
- Staircase accidents: If you’ve been hurt in an incident caused by broken steps or missing handrails, our team can take action against the at-fault party.
- Elevator and escalator accidents: If you’ve sustained injuries due to a malfunctioning or poorly maintained elevator or escalator, our team can help you pursue fair compensation.
- Swimming pool accidents: Inadequate fencing, lack of lifeguards, and improper maintenance can cause a swimming pool accident. If you’ve been injured in such an incident, our premises liability attorneys from Connecticut can help you get back on your feet.
- Parking lot incidents: Parking lot incidents caused by potholes, poor lighting, or lack of proper signage can lead to serious car accident injuries and vehicle damage. Fortunately, our team can help you file a claim if you’ve been in such an incident.
- Dog bites: If a friend or neighbor’s pet has attacked you, you may be able to seek compensation through a premises liability claim. The money you receive from a successful claim can cover the medical bills for your dog bite injury and other losses.
- Toxic exposure: Improperly stored hazardous materials or chemicals can cause you to suffer serious injuries and long-term health effects. If you’ve been involved in a toxic exposure incident, seek medical attention and legal representation from our team of premises liability lawyers in Connecticut.
- Fire-related injuries: If you’ve suffered burn injuries in a fire-related accident caused by faulty electrical wiring or lack of fire safety precautions, you may pursue financial recovery by filing a claim.
- Inadequate security: Incidents caused by inadequate security can leave you with physical injuries, financial losses, and emotional distress. Reach out to a skilled lawyer to get help with your claim if you’ve been involved in an incident caused by a lack of security measures.
Proving Liability in Premises Liability Case in Connecticut
If you’ve been injured or have suffered economic losses in one of the incidents mentioned above, you may be eligible to file a claim for damages. However, to recover compensation for your injuries and accident-related expenses, you’ll have to prove that the negligent property owner should be held liable for the damage they caused.
To prove liability, our Connecticut premises liability lawyers must present evidence that shows the property owner knew or should have known about the safety hazard that caused your accident. Your attorney must also prove that the property owner failed to take measures to remove the safety hazard and that their failure resulted in your injury.
Our team can collect and analyze the following forms of evidence to support your case:
- A copy of the incident report
- Surveillance video footage
- Witness statements
- Photographs of the hazard
- Maintenance records
- Previous incident records
- Property inspection reports
- Documentation of building code violations
- Photos that show a lack of warning signs
- Testimony from employees if you were injured at a place of business
- Expert witness testimony
- Copies of your medical records
Compensation Our Connecticut Premises Liability Lawyers Can Pursue
Once our team has collected the evidence required to prove liability, we’ll work hard to get the damages you need to get back to your regular life. Whether we seek compensation from the at-fault party’s liability insurance provider or if we take your case to court, we’ll fight tirelessly to obtain the following damages:
- Current and future medical expenses
- Cost of hospitalization, ambulance rides, and other emergency medical services
- Cost of physical therapy and assistive devices
- Lost wages
- Reduced earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Loss of enjoyment of life
Filing Deadline for Premises Liability Claims in Connecticut
Connecticut’s statute of limitations for injury lawsuits, which is located in Conn. Gen. Stat. § 52-584, gives you two years from the date of your premises liability incident to file a civil suit against the property owner who is responsible for your injuries and losses.
Waiting too long to take legal action could prevent you from getting the helpful and potentially life-changing damages mentioned above. To avoid jeopardizing your financial and physical recovery, reach out to our law firm today. If you hire an attorney from our team soon, they’ll likely be able to comply with the statute and get the results you deserve.
Schedule a Free Consultation With a Connecticut Premises Liability Attorney
Slipping on an icy sidewalk, falling down a set of dangerous stairs, or even hitting a pothole in a poorly maintained parking lot can leave you with considerable financial losses and other inconveniences. If you’ve been involved in an accident caused by a negligent property owner, you’ll want an experienced Connecticut premises liability lawyer by your side.
At Connecticut Trial Firm, our team can provide client-focused advocacy, 24/7 support, a client portal that makes it easy for you to check your case’s status, and the fierce representation you need to win your case. Our firm likes to say “CTF Wins” because we have what it takes to bring your case to court and emerge triumphant.
Contact us today to schedule a free consultation and take the first step toward filing a winning claim.