When you get behind the wheel of your car, you expect other motorists to follow the rules of the road and drive safely. Unfortunately, reckless drivers, malfunctioning car parts, and even small mistakes can lead to a devastating accident. If you’ve been involved in an auto collision, you may be dealing with painful injuries, expensive medical bills, and other losses.
At Connecticut Trial Firm, we know how difficult it can be to navigate the aftermath of a serious crash or even a minor fender bender. That’s why our personal injury lawyers in Connecticut are eager to provide the client-centered advocacy and effective representation you need to put your accident and injuries behind you.
No matter how serious your injuries are or how complicated your accident was, you can rely on a Connecticut car accident lawyer to do what’s right for you and your unique case.
How a Car Accident Lawyer from Connecticut Can Make Your Claim Successful
Since our firm’s establishment in 2016, we’ve worked on countless car accident cases and helped individuals like yourself recover physically and financially. We’re here to help you empower yourself by taking the steps required to obtain fair compensation for your injuries and losses.
Here’s what a car accident lawyer from our team in Connecticut can do to give you an excellent client experience and make your claim worthwhile:
Calculate Your Damages
When pursuing compensation after an auto collision, it’s important to know which compensatory damages you’re entitled to receive. That’s why an attorney from our firm will work with you to identify the economic and non-economic losses you’ve incurred due to the accident.
Based on the testimony, medical bills, and other information you provide, our team will determine which of the following damages they should aim to acquire:
- Current and future medical expenses
- Cost of emergency medical treatment and ambulance transportation
- Vehicle repair cost and other property damage expenses
- Lost wages
- Decreased earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
Hold the Offending Party Responsible
In order to obtain the damages listed above, your Connecticut car accident attorney must prove that the other driver(s) must be held responsible for the financial losses and other challenges you’ve been burdened with. Proving fault is a complicated process that requires the assistance of a skilled legal advocate.
Luckily, our highly experienced team of trial lawyers can take the following steps on your behalf, ensuring you have the best chance possible at holding the other party liable:
- Investigate the incident: Your attorney must have a strong foundation of evidence to prove that the offending driver should be held liable for your losses. They’ll collect photos of the accident scene, statements from accident reconstructionist, testimony from eyewitnesses, and other records to strengthen your case.
- Demonstrate duty of care: Car accident cases are centered around a concept known as “duty of care.” Whenever a motorist takes to the road, they have a legal obligation to drive in a way that prevents others from foreseeable harm. The first step in proving your case is to show that the offending driver owed you a duty of care.
- Prove breach of duty: Once your lawyer has established that the driver was sharing the road with you and owed you a duty of care, they must prove that the driver breached the duty of care. Your attorney can establish the breach by providing evidence that shows the driver was speeding, intoxicated, driving recklessly, etc.
- Establish causation and damages: Next, your attorney must use evidence from the investigation to show that the driver’s breach of the duty of care directly caused the accident, your injuries, and your financial losses.
Once our Connecticut car accident lawyer has completed the above-listed steps, you’ll likely receive the damages you’re owed. Whether your case takes us to the insurance settlement negotiating table or the courtroom, we’ll use a strong, facts-based legal argument centered around the breach of duty of care to secure the damages you’re owed.
Provide Client-Focused Representation Throughout Your Case
As evidenced by our glowing client reviews, our firm is dedicated to providing compassionate and client-focused representation to every individual we work with. If you hire an attorney from our team, you can expect to benefit from a high level of client service, 24-7 availability, and honest communication regarding every aspect of your case.
Fight for the Outcome You Deserve
When you join forces with a car accident lawyer from our Connecticut team, you can rest assured that your case is in good hands. That’s because our team has delivered positive results consistently for years. We’ve won over $100 million for clients like yourself and are eager to obtain a high-value settlement or verdict for you.
We pour all of our time and resources into the cases we work on, ensuring that we do everything we can to maximize compensation and give clients the financial support they need to move forward with their lives. We’ll explore every avenue to compensation and work tirelessly to get the outcome required to support your recovery.
Don’t Wait to Schedule a Free Consultation With a Skilled Connecticut Car Accident Attorney
Under Conn. Gen. Stat. § 52-584, you have two years from the date of your collision to file a civil suit against the at-fault party. Failure to abide by this law could stop you from getting the compensation you need to get back on your feet. Fortunately, if you get in touch with a Connecticut car accident lawyer from our team ASAP, they’ll be able to meet this deadline.
Contact us today to schedule a free consultation with an experienced attorney from our firm. They’ll meet with you to discuss your accident, explain your legal options, and determine if it’s in your best interest to move forward with a claim. We look forward to hearing from you soon and helping you on your journey to financial and physical recovery.