A CONNECTICUT LAW BLOG’S DISCLOSURE: MY ONLY REGRET IS THAT I CAN’T PUT THIS DISCLAIMER ON EVERY TWEET I WRITE
I like writing about law. Really, I do.
The last thing I need is for this blog to jeopardy. Law is what I do for a living because it puts food in my dog’s bowl. I love practicing law. Aside from pitching for the Red Sox, I can’t think of anything I’d rather be doing for a living.
Never does my blogging come before practicing law. I don’t lose sleep if I don’t update this blog for a week because I have a brief to write. The world can wait for more posts about things like Connecticut turn signal law.
It seems the Statewide Grievance Committee is auditing blogs (I’ll post on that later). Before I write another word on this page, I’m going to summarize my disclosure and then post it here. It seems the Grievance Committee likes disclosures:
- JUST BECAUSE YOU READ THIS BLOG DOES NOT MAKE YOU MY CLIENT. THE ONLY WAY YOU CAN BECOME MY CLIENT IS TO MEET WITH ME AND SIGN A WRITTEN RETAINER AGREEMENT. ABSENT THIS, I DO NOT REPRESENT YOU.
- THIS BLOG IS NOT LEGAL ADVICE. WHAT’S WRITTEN ON THIS BLOG IS WORTH WHAT YOU PAY FOR IT. LEGAL ADVICE INVOLVES A LEVEL OF ANALYSIS THAT I DO NOT APPLY TO MY BLOG POSTS. LEGAL ADVICE IS ALSO SOMETHING THAT YOU PAY FOR. NO ONE IS CHARGING YOU FOR READING THIS.
- I WILL NOT RESPOND TO EMAILS ABOUT YOUR LEGAL PROBLEMS. IF YOU HAVE A LEGAL PROBLEM YOU NEED TO CALL A LAWYER. DO NOT EMAIL ME ABOUT YOUR LEGAL PROBLEMS!
- IF YOU HAVE A LEGAL PROBLEM YOU NEED TO CALL A LAWYER.
- THIS IS NOT LEGAL ADVICE.
- JUST BECAUSE I HAVE A BLOG DOES NOT MEAN THAT I’M A BETTER OR WORSE LAWYER THAN ANYONE (EVEN LAWYERS WHO HAVE THEIR MUGS ON BUSES).
- IF YOU REALLY THINK THAT YOU READING THIS BLOG MAKES ME YOUR LAWYER THAN YOU ARE A CHILD WHO HAS BEEN LEFT BEHIND. LET YOUR CONGRESSPERSON KNOW THAT WHATEVER SCHOOL YOU WENT TO HAS FAILED YOU.
- YOU SHOULD NOT KEEP A BEAR AS A PET. THIS IS NOT LEGAL ADVICE.
- IF YOU ARE THINKING OF ATTENDING LAW SCHOOL, I HAVE NO IDEA IF YOU SHOULD TAKE THE SCHOLARSHIP TO QUINNIPIAC OR PAY YOUR WAY AT UCONN. NONE. PART OF BEING A LAWYER IS MAKING DECISIONS. CHOOSE WISELY.
- THIS BLOG IS NOT LEGAL ADVICE. READING THIS BLOG DOES NOT MAKE ME YOUR LAWYER NOR DOES IT MAKE YOU MY CLIENT. IF YOU HAVE A LEGAL PROBLEM YOU NEED TO SEE A LAWYER….LIKE IN HIS OR HER OFFICE.
Written another way:
This blog site is published by and reflects the personal views of Ryan C. McKeen. It does not necessarily represent the views of his law firm, Leone, Throwe, Teller & Nagle, or his clients, and is not endorsed by them. The purpose of this blog is to engage in the discussion of Connecticut law and legal issues and no representation is made about the accuracy of the information. The information contained in this blog site is provided only as general information for education purposes, and blog topics may or may not be updated subsequent to its initial posting. Blog postings do not reflect the level of factual or legal inquiry which would be applied in the case of a formal legal opinion. Readers of this blog should in no way rely on this blog as being legal advice.
By using this blog site you understand that this information is not provided in the course of an attorney-client relationship and is not intended to constitute legal advice. This blog site should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed attorney in your state. This blog site is not intended to be advertising (although it may constitute advertising in Connecticut) and Ryan C. McKeen does not wish to represent anyone desiring representation based upon viewing this blog site in a state where this blog site fails to comply with all substantive and ethical rules of the state.
My only regret is that I can’t put this disclaimer on every tweet I make.